Wednesday, October 25, 2006

OFF TO SCHOOL!

 
Why is he so bundled up, you may ask. Well.....

 
YEP!! October 25th first snow day of the year. Jake was very excited to wear his snow boots and head off for school. He was excited for snow balls at recess. He did choose not to ride his bike, for the first time this year, because he didn't want to slip.

OH, did you notice how dark it is??

 
There, let me turn on the porch light. Yeah, a couple of weeks ago the schools in our area moved Grade School to 8am, Jr High to 8:30, and High School to 9! Isn't that crazy. There are little kids that get on the bus now at 6:50 am!! OH MY!!
Just think while I was taking these pictures of my 6 year old walking off to school, there were 17 year old kids still in bed!! CRAZY!!

 
This is using my "taking a picture in the dark" feature, which is crazy because it is really just as dark as the first picture.
Anyway, I just wanted to show you how far we are from Jake's school. I am standing on my front porch taking this picture, and you can see, just up that street, the red brick building, that is Jake's school. The time is about 7:57 am. Once he gets to school he will have about 2 min to play before the bell.
Not to bad! I really enjoy being able to watch him walk right up to the school. It makes me a bit more OK with sending him in the dark, although, as of next Monday, that won't be an issue anymore because of the clock setting back ordeal. Man, I can't wait for the extra hour of sleep!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to prove that someone has looked at this and liked it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, walking to school in the dark STINKS! I can't believe kids have to get on the bus so early! It's a good thing you live close!